Monday 16 May 2016

Planting!



This afternoon Room 8 were busy planting!
We planted flower seedlings for our classroom flower gardens and  flower and vegetable seeds for our outdoor school garden.
Some of the vegetables we planted were spinach, leeks, lettuce, parsley and silverbeet. 
We also planted foxgloves which are a flower that will help attract bees. We couldn't believe how tiny their seeds were. They were about the size of a grain of sand. 
We will be watching carefully to see our seeds germinate and pop out of the soil as little seedlings. 
We will keep you updated! 











2 comments:

  1. Please, please, please remember me when your veges are flourishing-I think I could make an amazing pot of soup with all of those fresh, healthy veges! I did not know that foxglove helps to attract bees-thank you for teaching me this! Miss M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow room 8 my Nana love all the photo of us planting from Necaeh

    ReplyDelete