Wednesday 13 April 2016

A visit from Charles and Janine!

Wow, wow, WOW!! What an amazing way to finish the term -  a visit from our chosen artists Charles and Janine Williams and their son Azariah.
You may have spotted some of their work in our Otara town centre:



We got an email at midday today to let us know that they would be popping in to meet us and see our art. As you can imagine, Room 8 were fizzing with excitement!
They were really interested to hear how we created our art and what the symbols in our work represented. Here is Tarita explaining what inspired her work.

 We were lucky enough to have the opportunity to ask Charles and Janine plenty of questions, and they shared their experiences, as well as some tips with us.
 

What an absolute privilege it was to host such special guests!
They are beautiful, generous people and hugely talented artists.
Room 8 will be eager to share their excitement with the people at home tonight and I am sure we will all be buzzing about this for a long time to come.

A HUGE thank you to Charles, Janine and Azariah for giving up their time to spend with us and high fives all around to the budding artists in Room 8 :)

You can check out work by Charles and Janine here http://www.charlesjaninewilliams.com/

8 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience. Room 8 your art looks outstanding. I look forward to seeing it in person tomorrow. :) Mrs Walton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special visit, very cool room 8! Great that your artists saw your AMAZING WORK I'm sure they were blown away like the rest of us! Artists in the making...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I think about your artists walking into our 'gallery' to see your masterpieces, I smile. Every time I think about your expressions when meeting Charles and Janine, I smile. What an incredible, special experience to have had. I have a plan for you Room 8...I think we need to get Janine and Charles here at school to create a cool mural with some of the tamariki from BMPS...I think they would definitely come if you invited them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, BMPS has long been known as a school that produces unique and breath taking artwork. In fact, in my class this week, I am finishing off some art my year 5&6 class have been doing that I did with my gorgeous students in R9 at BMPS several years ago. I love the passion and enthusiasm for art that the children at BMPS have. Maybe next term we could share what we are doing on our learning journeys with each other?! We are at Te Akau ki Papamoa School in Tauranga. I hope we get to meet each other properly soon! From Michelle Wills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Charles,Janine and their son Azariah for coming in and seeing Room 8's art.I hope you were amazed with our art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi room 8 I just want to say that my family love our art but there favorite one was Augustina from Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi room 8 i just want to say that we did a awesome work

    ReplyDelete